On the east bank of the Vistula River shines the most valuable and most beautiful of former Polish magnate residences – the Castle in Baranów Sandomierski. This impressive product of renaissance architecture is one of the most well-preserved objects in Europe.
The Castle was erected at the end of the 16th century in the place of a medieval fortified knightly manor. In the 15th century the Baranowski manor belonged to the noble Baranowski family. At the turn of the 16th century the Górków family from Greater Poland became the owner of Baranów. In 1569 Stanisław Górka sold the Baranowski property to Rafał Leszczyński. The current form of the Castle is an impressive testimony of the sophisticated style of the Leszczyński family. With its magnificent architecture the Castle is called the "Little Wawel" in reference to the Royal Wawel Castle in Kraków.
Since 1997 the owner of the Castle and Park Complex is the Industrial Development Agency (Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu S.A.) located in Warsaw.